Saturday, September 6, 2008

DEPARTURE

Hello All,

Right now I'm sitting in the lobby of a hotel 7 miles from the Dulles Airport. I'm shocked to be here. After waiting for this day for so long, it's almost bizarre to realize this is it! I'm leaving TODAY. The weather situation with all the tropical storms made us change plans a bit and drive up to D.C. yesterday, instead of getting stuck in the bad weather and traffic this morning. Although I didn't get to go to the first PH football game and see my friends one last time, I am glad that I have plenty of time to get ready this morning. As for getting to the airport, I will be as early as two early birds at an early bird concert. So to all my chums- I love you all to pieces, and I'm sorry but goodbyes are really quite overrated. They make me cry. Enough said. I am so excited and happy for these upcoming 10 months, but leaving is emotional. I'm drinking a lot of chamomile tea in hopes that my nerves calm. The butterflies in my stomach feel like they are gnawing. I am so happy, sad, and almost feverish at the same time. I find the most comfort in knowing that there are no more preparations, that my check list is done, and that all that is left is actually leaving. Not to mention the fact that I don't feel the least bit alone, with Rotary on both sides of the Atlantic. :) Wish me luck!

Love,
Grace

p.s. My flight is not delayed- at least not YET.

1 comment:

My Landscape Journey said...

Well sweety, you should be in the air by now. Yes, goodbyes are overated and rather than focus on me missing you, I'd rather focus on the great adventure you have begun. Have fun. Be safe. I love you.

Dad