Saturday, September 20, 2008

School

So today was my third day of school, and I'll admit that it is already getting better. Math is a piece of cake. They are studying radicals. The teacher- who knows no English- started to once in a while look over at me and say "OK?" but after numerous nods I think she noticed that I finished all the problems in about two seconds. I wonder if I'll stay in that class all year. It's not like I need a math credit- but year long review? I guess we'll see. English is more of a history lesson for me- which is actually pretty interesting since we're learning about the history of Great Britian and not the U.S.A. Physics, I have no idea I can't keep up with the teacher talking. At this I think we are just talking about Einstein. Philosophy and History is taught by the same teacher, who I would love to understand since he seems to make everyone laugh while talking at a rapid speed and gesturing wildly, but alas comprehension is not my fate. Religion is fun! It's not required, you can either take it or go somewhere else to study- so it's not a very serious class. I just met the teacher today and the whole lesson proceeded in asking me questions, discussing the history of Methodism, and the teacher talking very slowly (he is truly a gift from God). Also during this class we all sit on our desks.

Also, life is life anywhere- and irritability is inevitable. Beware of Grace too early in the morning. She doesn't like to chat it up. Especially in Italian. haha.

Tonight we are all going to have dinner at the house of my potential third host family. I hope that I like them! The mother's name is also Marina. But before I will try to read an Italian children's book and perhaps take a nap.

I hear Maria Bambina- she just got here. I'm off to greet her.

Love from Grace

p.s.
I am a metro master!
And everyone loved my american chocolate chip cookies!
Also- I think I might be losing weight...how strange.

2 comments:

David Fetty said...

Hey Sis,
Comprehension is your fate!!! You have thrown yourself into a whole new life Grace, and the comprehension will come sooner rather than later, I promise. Hope meeting your your potential host family went well. Have you gotten a power adapter yet? You need music girl! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your experiences in your new city, send me a link! Also, looking forward to your phone calls. Check your email. Love, David

My Landscape Journey said...

Anatomy of a chicken? Yea, probably not the Italian you need right now. And the head hurting, using parts of your brain before unused, I get that one. Learn to say, excuse me but my head needs a break in Italian! Love you! Dad