Friday, September 26, 2008

Exploration




Today was so much fun! Well, first I had to go to school. It starts to feel like a big inconvenience when you live in Italy and don't understand any classes anyway. But I know it is helping in a sneaky sly way. The cogs in my brain are alive, even if they work VERY SLOWLY. But after I had lunch with these super cute girls from my class, Vanessa + Elisa, along with Jody- an exchange friend (from Hawaii). It was a much better experience than being in a big group like I was earlier this week. I had at least one American, and we were able to converse quite easily with the girls. They are some of my favorites in my class. Although, I must admit we went to the wrong place- the food was horrible. Then we said ciao and Jody and I proceeded to have an immensely enjoyable afternoon.

First- Gelato! Second, we went back to my house and I am living up to my word and taking photos of everything. Then we wandered around my area of Milan. First we saw my church, Sant' Ambrosio. And after that we just took every road that looked the most interesting. It was fabulous! I got a lot of photos, and saw many beautiful areas quite near me. Unfortunately the evening had to come to an end- I definitely wasn't going to be late again. If you'd like to see my photos, I put them on Facebook. There are too many for this, but I'll give you a taste. Soon I'll put 'em on Flickr.

In a rather good mood,
Grace

1 comment:

My Landscape Journey said...

Horrible food in Italy? Must be an immigrant cooking? Glad you're making friends at school. Great photos too. I'll look for more on Facebook.

Love love love,

Dad