Monday, September 22, 2008

Full Weekend + Monday

I don't have that much time so I'll try to sum it up quickly.

Saturday:
I WENT TO SCHOOL.
Then to dinner. I stunned some teenage boys with my poker/shuffling skills (I feel like napoleon dynamite here just so you know). Mouths dropped. Thank you brothers- for all those years of helping me to be a MASTA.
Saw the milano castle by night. Bellisimo!

Sunday:
Church- baptism. cute chubby baby. lots of italians.
Lunch with Marina's sister-in-law. Delicious. Her sister-in-law is a chef.
Went to an expo with the guys from Saturday night. That was a cultural experience- Comics.
Came home, watched Ocean's 12 in italian. ate dinner, showered, tried to read a bit, had my first video conference with my family (which made me all warm and fuzzy inside) and passed out.

Today:
School wasn't so bad. Had German class. It was German 3 but I think I'd like to switch to 1 and try it out. I don't really wanna learn French this year. German gives me more of a contrast for my brain. Saw the other Americans girls during break. Discussed Sweet Home Alabama with the girls who sit next to me and the difference between chapstick, lipstick, lipgloss, and lip balm. Came home, ate lunch, rested a bit, then at 4:00 I went to my first Italian tutoring lesson at PortoFranco where a very patient nun guided me through a lesson of prounciation. After a couple hours of this I got a little emotionally on edge at this point, but held it together. It is difficult to have teachers who don't understand English. Gotta work through the stress, which is why I walked home and got on facebook to send messages to my chums. And now I've finished a blog. Was a pretty good day- and tomorrow I have a Rotary lesson so I'm having lunch with a whole bnch of other exchange students b4. Should be fun!

Love to all!
Ciao.
Grace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea ill bet it is really stressfull not being able to talk with anyone all that much. but hey at the time that you are getting stressed about trying to speek a whole bunch of lauguages just think "you know david can only speek one language and he doesnt speek that one all that well so hahaha im better than him"

Anonymous said...

hey gracie boo (:
if you need help with german give me a holla
i have no problem helpin
i miss you soo much, you have no idea!