Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Responsibility

So, I'm trying to do the right thing. There is really no point in coming to Italy (or anywhere else) to be an exchange student if all you are going to do is hang out with Americans. Now, I'm a big supporter of the couple times a week- venting, speaking english, talking fast, making (and understanding) jokes, and generally getting your grove back with fellow exchange students. It really does save me after a low day. But I'm starting to toe the line between too much. So today- that's right- I said no to shopping. Instead I came home. I'm going to look up a Macbeth summary, proceed to reading Macbeth, and go to my Italian lesson and be there EARLY. And yes, I already did the homework in French class.

So that is my little victory over the lazy little me inside wanting to share a good few hours of English slang.

Love Grace.

p.s. But I didn't say no to a quick salad at Jody's house right after school. Her house is always stocked- I'm not kidding. And it was pretty funny, we are so used to eating delicious Italian bread with every meal we were looking all over for it. We ended up substituting with these like hot dog bun things. We were so disappointed with them. I even said "This tastes American".

3 comments:

Jody said...

Well now that hurts.
The inside.
Im not going to feed you anymore.




Totally kidding :) I do agree with you, but the kids in my class are so.... so.... well you know. i tried, i really did. and id rather hang out with you guys than be alone, which sucks even more (like alone all the time... sometimes its nice. but being alone because nobody wants to hang out with you is different. Kapeesh?)
And that bread did suck. i cannot believe it was actually like, there. lol

Anonymous said...

way to take the high road babe. (:

Grace said...

but jody- you speak italian like all the time so you get a free fun pass, darling. and yes this is chuckie cheese.