Monday, October 6, 2008

Let me catch you up.

I'll try to summarize the past couple days.

Saturday was Festa Americana! Got together with a few other rotary exchangers and we went grocery shopping and proceeded to make the most glorious burritos and chocolate chip cookies EVER. I don't think I've ever appreciated homemade salsa more. Honestly, it tasted like home. We stayed up late, rather excited with our ability to comprehend one another. Sunday I left early for church, and had an afternoon meeting "friends of the family". I was amazed at how much Italian I comprehended on Sunday. There was a lot of talking and I kept up with most of it. I passed out and when I awoke this morning I wanted to stay in bed all day. It was so cold! I need to invest in some SERIOUS SOCK-AGE. So I dragged myself to school where I did a lot of daydreaming (did I just use all of my brain juices on Sunday or what?). I came home for lunch, had a two hour nap, and went to my Italian lesson. I was less-dead than normal at the end and in a pretty good mood. Tonight I discovered the miracle of brocolli with pasta.

Bed soon.
Grace

2 comments:

David Fetty said...

Hey Grace! It's starting to get a little cold here as well. From all the pictures you have been posting it looks like you are doing great! The pictures from the coast were beautiful. Just wanted to say hey from Amber and I, oh and Rudy says what's up too! Love you!

My Landscape Journey said...

Well, not to be outdone from the other half of your Fetty boy fan club, yes to all said and thanks for the pics. I'm sure soon enough you'll get used to Italy and miss the center of the universe -- but take heart. You'll have all the time you like back here and this time in Italy will be etched on your memory for years to come. I'm glad the language is improving. The food is better in general I imagine. The pics show beautiful scenes -- compare that to England Street!

Love you,

Dad