Monday, October 20, 2008

rapidamente

I'm about to go to the Scala in less than an hour. My last post I wrote last night but didn't get around to actually posting it until today. I just wanted to let you know that today has already been a great day, because I have only spoken in Italian- and I have talked A LOT because I had this huge conversation with the computer room guy and then I had lunch with Vanessa so I have really been a chatterbox. Some headache medicine wouldn't hurt- but I feel pretty happy. Vanessa sits next to me in school also and we are always writing notes so I write in Italian and she corrects my grammar. She says she has no problem understanding what I mean, but that my structure and grammar needs work. I know there is a long way to go, but for a month and a half I am feeling rather accomplished. I want there to be more and more days like today because I know that I am improving the more headaches I get ;). So Vanessa and I are going to try to find at least 2 things to do together a week, whether it is to see an art exhibition or to have lunch or to poke around in shops she knows. Today she showed me a store that I loved. She noticed how much I love color and it was mega cute. I think that time with her, plus the minimum of 3 lessons I have after school a week, will be a pleasant way of making sure my Italian keeps growing.

OK, I want some tea and medicine before I go to La Scala. Photos later.

Love, Grace

p.s. Thank you for commenting! I do read them and I do appreciate it all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,
You're back!
Of course I can't complain because you write much much more than I do.
Like I said before, they clamp down pretty hard at work on non-productive sites, so no blogs, but amazingly, your page shows through. i just can't respond there.
But I do read your entries, so don't stop.

Have fun.
I love you,
Uncle Mark.