Friday, October 10, 2008

I sure am glad...

that tomorrow is Saturday. This week will not make the list of "Grace's Fav Moments". I had Italian lessons 4 days in a row (after school). I couldn't seem to catch up on sleep and I was so exhausted. Does exhaustion come in waves? Because sometimes I feel fine and then other times I just want to stay in my bed and hibernate. Also, in America I usually have one day to sleep in- but since they have school on Saturday AND they attend church every week, I've had to adjust. And I guess it doesn't help that they eat so late here. My family eats pretty late back home, but it's also not as important to eat together so if I really wanted to go to bed early I could always fix myself something and conk out before they even all get home. This didn't seem like an option here, but yesterday I came home from my lesson and I felt so dead that I called my host mom and asked her if I could just make myself something. She said of course, and I was in bed by SEVEN. That's right, thats eleven blissful hours of sleep. And today I had energy! I think my host family thinks I'm sick, though. It's kind of funny- when I take a nap or get in my pjs and have my bear Marina always gets me to take my temperature (which they do under the arms, btw) and I'm not sick. I'm just 1) an exchange student that spends her day reading the dictionary and stretching my brain in weird ways and 2) someone who really likes to sleep.

But tomorrow, as I have stated, is Saturday. I'll be going to the second Rotary event of the year, which is at Monza. I'm not exactly sure what it's about but I think it has something to do with fast racecars.

Ciao!
Grace

3 comments:

My Landscape Journey said...

I hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Sometimes just an hour in a chair with your eyes closed will help. But yes, we know the girl who likes to hibernate at least one night every week or so and get her beauty rest. Loving you and missing you.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Gracie! I'm glad you're realizing that you're OD'ing the american time... That's a great step you're taking, by cutting back. I used to have a friend at school who didn't speak any french--she was from a different part of Africa, Nambia, actually--and she just was too lazy to learn. It ended up being hard for me to speak french after hanging out for her for an afternoon... It was like my brain had to shift gears. I know you know what I mean, it's like you're used to listening for different words or sounds and then you're hearing words you know but you don't understand because you're expecting the other language? I don't know if I'm explaining it right but I know you know what I'm talking about.

I had to laugh at the "this tastes so american."

I'm glad you're having so much fun. Is there anything you miss that you can't get over there?

Anonymous said...

grace.....
we are so alike.
i've been sleeping alot lately too
.....but i'm actually sick. haha (: