Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Latest

My tutor is one of my favorite people in the entire world. Thank you Rotary for your impeccable system. I've been having minor difficulties with my family situation, so I went to my tutor, Giorgio and his wife Valeria. We talked through them and found a solution. Giorgio also said that if I ever just need a weekend away I can stay with them. He'll even take me up to his house in Como. (Yes, he really does go to the same golf club as George Clooney. And right now Giorgio is in Rome for an important meeting with the new pope- he has a photo of himself with the last one on his mantel. Also the President of Czech Rep. wants Giorgio to be on the Italian Consulate, I think. So he's going to Czech and is going to see if I can come too. I said to him "Giorgio, You're a big deal!" and he says "No, you should talk to my wife. She is much better. And all of this *gesturing to his house, etc* is not important. You come into this world with nothing, and you leave it with nothing. The only thing that lasts is the love in the hearts of your friends and family") So Giorgio is great. And now I hope that my own family dynamic will be a lot smoother these next two months. After I talked with him, I went out with his daughter Ludovica on her vespa to have dinner with her two cousins. It was nice, they have a beautiful dog, they were really friendly, and we all made fools of ourselves with a kareoke machine.

Also, because of all these Italian protests/festivities I will not be going back to school until Monday, and it's Wednesday so you KNOW I'm happy about that one. I baked my class chocolate chip cookies and brought in a lot of different candies to wish everyone and good vacation and and Happy Halloween! I'm still not sure what I'll be doing for the next few days, but I'm pretty sure a daytrip to Como is on the agenda, as is finding a horror movie/cinema. We'll see. I will be sleeping in tomorrow, no doubt about it. As for now, I have a lesson in an hour, so I better get myself together.

I love you all!
Grace

1 comment:

David Fetty said...

Hi Grace! I'm glad you like your tutor, sounds like it would be imposible not to. Going to Czech would be sweet! Hope the problems at home haven't been too hard to endure, I know you're tough. Still waiting your letter, maybe with all your time off from school you might walk by a mailbox...I hope to be at your next video confrence, love you!