Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Guess What?

We have a new President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)
I can't tell you how awesome it was to see, not only Barack Obama become president, but to see it happen through the Italian perspective. They follow our politics more closely than many Americans, and their approval of this new presidency is evident. Almost all of my classmates and professors saw the inauguration. I came into my classroom beaming the next day. Verdiana came up to me and said "Ho pianto!" (I cried!) and I said "Anch'io!" (I did too!).

As for the everyday stuff, I think I'm slipping into a more routine schedule. Mondays I do something fun (I went to Lecco these past two Mondays! I have photos that will eventually get posted. Lost my cord...) since I have a a ridiculously little amount of school. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I run after school and speak English to cutie pie italian toddlers. Wednesday is a good day for lunch with friends or walking around, but like today- I'm just going to study. But then from Friday-Sunday apart from school, it's pretty much all up to me. That's another thing that is different about my host families. My first host family always had something for me to do, usually with their family or friends or their church. But now that I have more time I can call up friends from school to do something and get to know people better.

It's nearly February, which means we are coming up on my 5 month marker soon.
Crazy.

xxoo
Grace

No comments: