Tuesday, January 6, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To An End.

I actually hate that saying. I also hate the phrase "too much fun". There are so many fun, amazing things that are possible to enjoy continually! Please don't rain on the fun-lover parade! Whoever invented this phrase probably also invented Mondays and the end of winter vacation.

It is indeed the last evening of vacation. To be honest, I don't feel THAT gloomy about it. As much as I would like it to just stretch on (about another 6 months would be nice) I'm just grateful that I got to do so many things in the past couple weeks. The last couple days I visited Padova, Udine, and Selvino. It was tough cramming it all in, but I think my whole host family is glad we did it. My favorite thing about Padova was the church that Giotto painted that I got to see. In Udine I got to meet a lot of relatives, and one of Marina's cousins helped me broaden my exclamation vocabulary considerably (Che Barba!). In Selvino (like Bardonecchia) THERE WAS SO MUCH SNOW. So now school begins again and in about 5 days I switch host families, and while I think I'm ready for a change- it's going to be sad leaving the Politi's who I've spent 4 months with (well, nearly- tomorrow is 4 months exactly).

This is a big mile marker for me. 4 months ago things were drastically different! I have a feeling from here on out time will go even faster and I'm going to make the absolute best of it. I have 6 months left here and whoever thinks that is plenty of time better think again! As much as I am looking forward to going home, back to Virginia in the heat of the summer- I'm just not ready yet.

Love,
Grace

No comments: