Friday, April 3, 2009

Birthday + Life in General

So March 31 was my birthday! I have 17 years!

My Italian birthday completely surpassed all expectations. What expectations? I was just going to go for a picnic, really. You know, enjoy the weather (my absolute favortie pasttime)- but my class took it all out of my hands. On the Saturday night before my birthday (when I just thought I'd be going to a pizzeria with some friends) they threw me a surprise party! It was honestly one of the most touching moments of my life. I showed up at Bea's family's pizzeria and it was all dark and Bea was like "You're the first to arrive. The others are late." And me, being the oblivious person I am, had a little moment of sadness. I mean, I was late and the others still hadn't gotten there. I don't appreciate being ditched. But then Bea asked if I wanted to go in the side room to wait and as soon as I stepped in the lights turned on and my whole class jumped out at me admist tons of colored balloons and shouted "SORPRESA!!!". I was shocked to say the least. It was just so thoughtful! Here were these girls-that I had just met half a year ago, really began to communicate with a few months ago- throwing me a party for my birthday! And they all chipped in to get me a purse (there are a few girls in my class with this same brand of purse from paris or something and they got me one!) and afterwards we went out for a drink and took tons of photos. I went home and spent the night at my friend Kylee's. It was just so perfect, all of it. Then on the day of my birthday I went out for a picnic at Parco Sempione, which is the park next to the castle. That time I went with some different girls I knew from outside of my class, Giulia and Elisa. They're just adorable, and it was really relaxing. Then last night I went to the Politi's and had a birthday dinner with them along with Isa and Poalo and Halcy! It was delicious and a perfect ending to my birthday festivities. I think about this past week and I gotta tell ya- I have that fuzzy warm Hallmark feeling of being absolutely cared for.

Along with old relationships, I'm getting to know a lot of new people. I'm really excited for my last months! The weather is beautiful, I'm doing well in school, I'm going out with friends all of the time. And of course I can look forward to my mommy coming!

I'm spending Easter with Giorgio's family in Como!!
I change families tomorrow, wish me luck!

Happy Easter Everyone! Miss you tons.
Grace

No comments: