Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Italian Toddlers

are so cute I can't stand it. Mira and Maya are no exception. I do have a little story, though. They are always well-behaved. They miraculously don't fight over toys or scream and cry. They giggle to no end and play nicely. However yesterday was different. I have now learned that when Grandma comes (Nonna) Mira goes a little crazy. She started throwing her crayons and laughing and laughing. She threw her juice box. She stopped listening. She threw the glass jar of markers and thank goodness I caught it. I broke my English rule for a moment to explain to her in Italian that it was glass and it will break into pieces! She let up for a while, and I relaxed a bit. Then in 3 seconds the jar had broken all over the floor. I tried not to laugh at the surprise and fear on her face. She looked completely shocked, processing a completely new thing she had learned abut the world. Nonna reprimanded her as we cleaned it up. "This is what happens when you misbehave!" As the youngest child, I didn't really get to witness anyone else go through these first events. I like the change of view.

No comments: