Sunday, December 7, 2008

Where did I leave off?

So I got sick this week. It wasn't even that bad, but my host mom got really worried. Which was nice of her. I stayed home a couple days and slept a lot as I hacked up half my lungs. I'm feeling a lot better. Yesterday I went with my host family to the countryside and it was the closest thing I have seen to VA in a long time. I walked through FIELDS. My shoes were MUDDY. I can't even tell you how good it felt. It was spiritual. Today I went out with friends but only under the condition that I wore this enormous abominable snowman coat of Marina's. I didn't try to fight it. I would have lost. I don't plan on wearing it again. But I think I'll be able to avoid it, because all Marina said when I got home was "Now you know it is a choice if it is very very cold." Well, obviously not in English. And I replied "Yes Marina, I know it exists." and we both laughed. I'm still a little stuffed up and sniffly but most of the coughing has gone away. :)

Everyday there are more Christmas lights up in Milan. I absolutely love it. It's officially Christmas time! I am ready for all of the carols and the snow and the telling everyone just how much you love and appreciate them. Speaking of which, I love and appreciate all of you who are reading from back home! I walk around this city and I feel so exceptionally blessed. It'll just be a normal ol' day and then I'll turn the corner of a street and the view will take my breath away. The Castello has lights up that change with the music. I'll have to go and take a video because it's just too cool. As for photos and all that, I can finally put up some Duomo photos I took a couple weeks ago. Enjoy!

Love,
Grace

No comments: